So this week I’m kind of obsessed with sprays! I’ve already made an all-purpose cleaning
spray that I’ve already talked about and I love and use every day; but this week I wanted to try some different kind of sprays.
The first spray I’d like to share is one that I’ve been using for a while now. I have three little girls who love to do somersaults and roll all over their beds at night…but they also all want hair down to their bums. You can guess what that means. Yup…crazy, messy, bird’s nest hair every single morning. I had to find a good way to help get the tangles out of their hair in a mostly-painless way. I tried buying hair detanglers, but then I thought “I could probably make something with stuff I have around the house!” Sure enough, I found a simple recipe that works great and smells great.
I can’t remember where I found the recipe; if I find it I will post it here. But here is how I make it:
- Spray bottle
- 1-2 tbsp conditioner
- 1-2 tsp coconut oil
- 6-12 drops Tea Tree oil
- 6 drops Rosemary oil
- Vitamin E oil
- Put all of your ingredients in the bottle, then add hot water.
- Shake and spray on hair then brush.
That’s it! Super easy and it smells great. The conditioner and coconut oil are both great for making hair soft and helping the brush run through easier. The Vitamin E makes hair stronger and healthier and the rosemary oil makes hair grow faster. The tea tree oil is my favorite part because great for kids in school as it’s a natural lice repellent. Just make sure you shake it up every time you use it!
The next spray I tried was “The Good Morning Wake Up Spritzer“. When I found this recipe I just had to try it. I’m not sure if you’d call me a morning person. I mean, I can get out of bed at 7:00 and not push snooze if that counts. My mom would say it does…but she is a night owl and I definitely am not! Anyways, I thought this would smell great and be fun to spray on in the mornings so I gave it a try. I usually start feeling tired in the afternoons so I like that I can spray this on anytime of day. Here is what I did:
- 1 tsp witch hazel
- filtered water
- 3 drops Patchouli oil
4 drops Bergamot oil
8 drops Lemongrass oil
6 drops Orange oil
8 drops Lemon oil
6 drops Peppermint oil
4 oz. blue glass spray bottle
- Add the witch hazel into the bottle first. Then drop in the essential oils in the above water, gently swishing the bottle between each oil. Then simply fill up the rest with the water.
- Make sure you put a label on it so you remember what’s inside!
The final spray I will share today is the “Skin Cleaning Face Mist“. I was excited when I found this recipe because I love finding ways to incorporate tea in to different things. I have never had an acne problem, but I do have a greasy T-zone so I get a few between my eyebrows, around the hair line, and on my chin. I have already shared my lotion recipe that I use every morning and every night, but I thought this would be fun to try as well. Anyways, here’s how I made it:
- 2 tsp Epsom salt (the recipe says Himalayan salt but I read the reviews and someone recommended Epsom salts and I already had those so I used them)
- 1 cup Chamomile Bloom with added peppermint leaves
- 1/2 tsp Tea Tree oil (Is this not the most amazing oil?!)
- 3 drops Lavender oil
- 3 drops Lemongrass oil
- To make, first brew a cup of tea. While it’s still hot, add in your salt and mix well to dissolve. Then, mix in your tea tree oil and essential oils, and allow to cool. Funnel your mixture into a glass spray bottle, and you’re good to go!
This is a great combination of oils because lavender is a natural antiseptic, lemongrass lightens the mood, and tea tree kills bacteria. Chamomile is calming and peppermint cools the skin (so it’s great to use when it’s hot out or after a work out). Epsom salts are amazing for it’s healing properties and like a million other reasons you can read about here. Plus the magnesium in it is a bonus! This spray just makes your face feel awesome.
Well, that’s all I’ll share today! I hope you find a spray that you’d like to try and let me know how it works for you.
“Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.” John 7:38